The Clinical Health Coach Training Onsite
Individuals with chronic conditions drive 80% of the total cost of healthcare today. Better health behaviors, more patient accountability and higher levels of self-care have proven to reduce ER visits and hospitalizations and progression of chronic conditions. Herein lies the opportunity for health coaching.
Healthcare organizations and individuals seeking to implement a clinical role in coaching and care management of individuals with chronic conditions, have available a robust training program.
The Training Experience
The Clinical Health Coach training is an experience-oriented 6 week program, book-ended by 3 onsite days at the beginning and 2 days at the end as a capstone to the learning. The performance orientation of the Clinical Health Coach training is progressive and gestational. Participants actually build skills to engage and activate individuals toward new levels of self-care and health behavior change. This is accomplished through weekly tele-classes and coaching practice sessions over the 6 week period.
- Learn patient engagement strategies that include health coaching skills and practice sessions
- Experience personal, dynamic interaction with coaching/care management faculty
- Acquire leadership training for team-based care models
- Perfect healthcare communication skills to improve health literacy
- Earn CME/CEU credits
- Develop the health coach role within ACO models, PCMH and community based organizations
- Align best practice care with patient centered resources
- Earn a Certificate of Competency in Clinical Health Coaching
Training Intent for the Clinical Health Coach®
- Develop health coaching skills including motivational interviewing, reflective listening, readiness assessments, goal setting, and engaging patients to be effective self-managers
- Utilize behavior-change theories and the health belief model as a foundation for practice
- Improve health literacy through effective communications strategies
- Provide resources, referrals and education to assist “evidence-based patient choice” decisions
- Promote care coordination and care transitions as needed, to address the care continuum from acute care to home and community-based chronic care management
- Develop leadership skills to create a population health approach to the elevation of quality improvement, clinical improvement and health status improvement of those served
- Serve as change agents in building healthcare teams to improve care processes
- Explore the utilization of registries in identifying care planning and outcomes reporting for patients
How Will Clinical Health Coaching Make A Difference In Your Organization?
Here is what we know. Doing, teaching and telling your patients what to do is not enough.The future of healthcare requires more. More patient engagement and accountability. More self-care and more team based care.
Whether your organization is an accountable care organization, a PCMH, or an innovative demonstration project, the shift from volume to value is apparent. As healthcare organizations redesign the way they define and identify the populations they serve, the need for new approaches is imminent.
Clinical Health Coaching has increased patient engagement and satisfaction as well as improved clinical outcomes for our graduates in many innovative health- care organizations across the country.
- Retooling your workforce for proactive, patient-centered chronic care management
- Building your staff’s skills to inspire patient engagement and accountability
- Preparing key staff, such as care coordinators, care managers, or health coaches, to transform the conversation and the care processes in support of PCMH and team based care
- Perfecting performance oriented competencies in health coaching, communication, care processes and leadership.
- Marketing to the public, the high value of utilizing trained health coaching staff as an integral part of your organization’s healthcare team
- Enhancing your relational and clinical effective- ness in serving patients with chronic conditions
- Building a resume that includes performance validated Clinical Health Coaching skills
- Earning a Certificate of Competency in Clinical Health Coaching
- Connecting with a social network to acquire new, innovative professional ideas