The Clinical Health Coach v-Fusion Training
Our Clinical Health Coach Trainings have emerged from the experience of training hundreds of healthcare professionals across the country. Since 2010 Clinical Health Coach has provided trainings in both live and online formats. Beginning 2015, Clinical Health Coach Fusion (a mix of both online and live) has been our most popular offering. With the impact of COVID-19, many in-person trainings have been cancelled or deferred. And yet, caring for patients with chronic conditions and maintaining active relationships between patient and provider is more important than ever. We are pleased to offer this new additional choice within our menu of training options. Clinical Health Coach v-Fusion Training delivers high-quality online content with the added support of weekly virtual classes moderated by our experienced Clinical Health Coach training faculty.
v-Fusion Features and Benefits
v-Fusion is a 12-week course, supported by Clinical Health Coach online curriculum and a class syllabus. Each week, participants complete assigned online content at their own pace, and join a 75-90 minute live (virtual) class. Classes are designed to explore key elements of the online content and facilitate health coaching skills practice.
Additional Features Include:
- 24/7 access to the online learning portal
- Small class size: Each class is capped at 12-15 participants to encourage highly engaged discussion and practice. A new class begins each month, with a minimum enrollment required.
- Faculty Office Hours: Participants may “meet” with faculty for additional discussion or support.
- Accessible and Safe: Classes may be attended from work or home and offers a safe environment during these stressful times.
- Unlimited review of online materials for up to one year
- CME’s and CEU’s awarded by the Interstate Postgraduate Medical Association
Virtual Class Content:
- Practical Motivational Interviewing training with a MINT trainer
- Facilitated live practice in coaching skills development
- Keys to implementing health coaching strategies in your practice setting
- Additional preparation for successful completion of a Certificate of Competency in Clinical Health Coaching
- Training in FLEX Care communications strategies to effectively engage patients, promote health literacy and facilitate team-based care
- Steps to building an outcomes evaluation plan within Population Health Management.
Clinical Health Coach v- Fusion Training focuses primarily on the practical application of a wide array of health coaching, communications and care management strategies, which makes it particularly attractive for the entire healthcare team. This includes but is not limited to care managers, care coordinators, patient navigators, physicians, registered nurses, medical assistants, registered dietitians, social workers, pharmacists, physical therapists, and others. Discounted pricing is available for organizations that enroll 3 or more participants and for those completing enrollment/payment at least 30 days prior to the class start date.
Curriculum is grounded, where applicable, in evidence or research-based models, practice or process. However, so much of the role of health coaching is still evolving, as are new healthcare models such as Patient-Centered Medical Homes (PCMH) and Accountable Care Organizations (ACO). Thus, innovation, by the very nature of healthcare reform, is an important element of the training.
The Clinical Health Coach Training curriculum design meets the rigor for both continuing medical education credits through the Interstate Postgraduate Medical Association (AMA PRA Category I Credits) and nursing credits through the California Board of Registered Nursing. These institutions assure the participant that curriculum meets the learning needs of a clinical audience, is properly referenced, and that information provided is balanced and impartial.
v-Fusion is a dynamic and interactive training. Participants completing at least 70% of the live sessions will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Certificate of Competency
The Clinical Health Coach® Certificate of Competency in Clinical Health Coaching is awarded to participants who receive a passing score on each of three written exams (online) and choose to participate and pass a recorded telephone-based, measurable skills evaluation with a standardized patient. To learn more about the Certificate of Competency please click here.
CHC Fusion Training Schedule
A new v-Fusion class begins each month. Each class is a 12-week guided course that includes the Clinical Health Coach Online curriculum and a once per week virtual session with CHC Training Faculty. Check here for the schedule of class dates and times.
Individual Registration — $1,500.00
Group Registration — $1,350.00
(Registering 3 or more)
Early bird Registration—- additional 5% discount
(payment received at least 30 days prior to class start date)
The basic pricing includes access to the online learning portal, resource and reference materials, module testing, weekly virtual classes, CME/CEU credits, and the opportunity for a clinical performance evaluation qualifying you for a Certificate of Competency in Clinical Health Coaching.