Clinical Health Coach® Training Online
The following are highlights for individuals considering the Clinical Health Coach® Training Online program. Full CME/CEU learner objectives, credit specifications, disclosures and contact information for the accrediting body, Interstate Postgraduate Medical Association, and the sponsoring organization, Iowa Chronic Care Consortium, will be provided upon registration.
The Clinical Health Coach® training online is designed for healthcare professionals and healthcare organizations that seek to improve the health outcomes of their patients by actively engaging them in self-management support and providing true patient-centered care. The learning features include:
- Emphasis in patient engagement and activation strategies through a health coaching approach.
- Exploration of a wide variety of health coaching skills that can be learned and effectively used by anyone on the healthcare team that results in a patient-centric environment.
- Clinical assessments, tools and documents that support the guided care process and patient selected goals for behavior change, especially for those with chronic conditions.
- Population health strategies to identify, stratify, select interventions, track and measure outcomes for an entire panel of patients.
- Effective healthcare communications to improve health literacy.
The design and opportunity features include:
- Self-paced, can review materials as often as needed.
- Reduced time away from the work environment.
- Coaching performance orientation.
- Live telephonic practice and feedback sessions.
- Scalable to entire healthcare teams.
The target audience includes Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Exercise Physiologists, Dieticians, Respiratory Care Practitioners, Diabetes Educators, Certified Medical Assistants, Care Coordinators, Case Managers, Pharmacists, and other healthcare professionals who work in medical settings that support patients with chronic conditions. Appropriate settings may include primary care and specialty care clinics, cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation programs, case management services, “Chronic Illness Management” departments, Heart Failure programs, Diabetes Education programs, Home Health/Visiting Nurse Service agencies, Pharmacies, Registered Dietitian consultants, medical fitness professionals, and health coach consultants.
Accreditation and Designation
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of Interstate Postgraduate Medical Association (IPMA) and Iowa Chronic Care Consortium. IPMA is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Interstate Postgraduate Medical Association designates this enduring material for a maximum of 26.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
IPMA is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number 6971, for 31.2 contact hours. Each person should retain this certificate for four years after the course has been completed.
Other healthcare professionals may request a certificate of participation from IPMA certifying successful participation in the program which has been designated for 26 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Method of Participation to Earn CME/CE Credit
There is a tuition charged for enrollment in this online training. There are no pre-requisites for participating in and receiving credit for this enduring educational activity. In order to obtain credit for participating in this activity during the period of April 1, 2013 through December 31, 2015, participants must:
- Read the educational objectives and disclosure statements (provided upon registration).
- Listen and watch each of the video lessons on the learning portal.
- Complete the three online post-tests with a score 70% or higher on each.
- Complete the activity evaluation.
Credit will be issued only upon completion of three post-tests with a score of 70% or higher, completion of the activity evaluation and selection of the preferred type of credit certificate. After completing these requirements, your CME/CE credit certificate will be sent to you electronically. This learning activity should take 26 hours to complete.
The learning portal for training is web based and accessible from a variety of devices that can access the web.
- Mac or PC operating system
- Stable internet connection (broadband recommended)
- Updated version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari web browser
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
You may begin this learning adventure by registering as an individual by selecting the “Register an Individual” tab below and paying by a personal or organizational credit card.
You may register a group from an organization by scheduling a call using the “Register a Group/Schedule a Call” tab below.