The Clinical Health Coach Fusion Training
The curriculum design for the Clinical Health Coach Fusion Training has emerged from the experience of training hundreds of healthcare professionals in both Clinical Health Coach Training Onsite and Clinical Health Coach Training Online along with the commitment to meet interests of those who have requested “elements of both”. Over the years, ICCC has learned that there is not a “one size fits all” approach. We are pleased to offer this additional choice within our menu of training options. Clinical Health Coach Fusion Training combines the valuable standalone elements addressed in the Clinical Health Coach Training Online (click here to review the online training curriculum) with an engaging onsite Two-Day Live Intensive training.
Clinical Health Coach Training Online (CHCTO) is a personalized, convenient 26 hour, self-paced learning experience with live weekly teleconference practice sessions. It is designed for healthcare professionals and organizations seeking to improve health outcomes for their patients by engaging them in self-management support and true patient centered care.
CHCTO may be completed in as little as 6 weeks. However, the typical time of completion is within 8 to 12 weeks from initial enrollment. It is highly recommended that participants complete the majority of the online modules before attending the Two-Day Live Intensive.
The Two-Day Live Intensive, offered onsite in Des Moines, Iowa, provides enrollees access to leading Clinical Health Coach training faculty, and delivers additional curriculum in Motivational Interviewing, healthcare communications, leadership training and implementation strategies for developing the health coaching role in your organization. Participants will experience valuable and dynamic learning, clinical coaching demonstrations, live coaching practice and networking opportunities. Class size is limited to 60 participants to maximize interaction with faculty and colleagues.
Upcoming Two-Day Live Intensive
April 9-10, 2015
The Drury Inn
5505 Mills Civic Pkwy, West Des Moines, IA 50266 • 515-457-9500
Click Here for reservations
Please make your reservations by Friday, March 27, 2015 to receive your group rate. Reservations made after this date will be subject to prevailing rate and availability.
Reservations may also be made by calling 1-800-325-0720 and refer to your group number:2237001
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 Noon and 1:15 p.m. — 4:30 p.m.
Light refreshments provided, lunch on your own
Optional: Q&A with the Clinical Faculty 4:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.– 3:00 p.m.
Light refreshments provided, lunch on your own
Registration and Fees*
Registration will remain open through February 24th, or until the class is filled. Upon completion of the registration process (including full payment), registrants will have immediate access to the Clinical Health Coach Training Online learning portal.
$1300 Per Registrant, ($100 discount)
Clinical Health Coach Fusion Training Features and Benefits
- Self-paced learning with 24/7 access to the learning portal (online)
- Foundational training to Transform the Conversation between providers and patients (online)
- Foundational training to Transform the Care Processes in the healthcare setting (online)
- Unlimited review of online materials for up to one year (online)
- Live Teleconference health coaching practice calls that are also available as a recording for review and convenience (online)
- Online subject areas presented in engaging 15-25 minute presentations (online)
- Practical Motivational Interviewing training with a MINT trainer (onsite intensive)
- Facilitated live practice in coaching skills development (onsite intensive)
- Training in FLEX Care communications strategies to effectively engage patients, promote health literacy and facilitate team-based care (online and onsite intensive)
- Leadership skills development (onsite intensive)
- Live networking opportunities with coaching colleagues (onsite intensive)
- Keys to implementing health coaching strategies in your practice setting (onsite intensive)
- Additional preparation for successful completion of a Certificate of Competency in Clinical Health Coaching (onsite intensive)
Fusion Training Advantages
- Combines flexibility of Clinical Health Coach Training Online with highly rated features and benefits from flagship Clinical Health Coach Training Onsite
- Limits time away from work setting and extensive travel for foundational elements of training
- Provides personal, live access to and interaction with Clinical Health Coach faculty
- Offers live networking opportunities with colleagues
- Delivers two high value training strategies for a competitive price
Clinical Health Coach Fusion Training focuses primarily on the practical application of a wide array of health coaching, communications and care management strategies, which makes it particularly attractive for the entire healthcare team. This includes but is not limited to physicians, registered nurses, medical assistants, registered dietitians, social workers, pharmacists, physical therapists, and others. Discounted pricing is available for organizations that enroll 5 or more participants.
Curriculum is grounded, where applicable, in evidence or research-based models, practice or process. However, so much of the role of health coaching is still evolving, as are new healthcare models such as Patient-Centered Medical Homes (PCMH) and Accountable Care Organizations (ACO). Thus, innovation, by the very nature of healthcare reform, is an important element of the training.
The Clinical Health Coach Training curriculum design meets the rigor for both continuing medical education credits through the Interstate Postgraduate Medical Association (26.1 AMA PRA Category I Credits) and nursing credits through the California Board of Registered Nursing (31.2). These institutions assure the participant that curriculum meets the learning needs of a clinical audience, is properly referenced, and that information provided is balanced and impartial.
Certificate of Competency
The Clinical Health Coach® Certificate of Competency in Health Coaching is awarded to participants who receive a passing score on each of three written exams (online) and choose to participate and pass a recorded telephone-based, measurable skills evaluation with a standardized patient. To learn more about the Certificate of Competency please click here.
*Registration fees cover access to the CHCTO learning portal for a period of one year, 4 live coaching teleclasses, the Two-Day Live Intensive materials and light refreshments (lunch is on your own), and the performance evaluation towards earning a Certificate of Competency in Clinical Health Coaching.