The Clinical Health Coach Fusion Training – Registration Open Now Through May 13, 2016
Two Day Live Intensive, June 14 & 15, 2016
Features and Benefits
- Self-paced learning with 24/7 access to the learning portal (online)
- Foundational training to Transform the Conversation between providers and patients (online)
- Foundational training to Transform the Care Processes in the healthcare setting (online)
- Unlimited review of online materials for up to one year (online)
- Live Teleconference health coaching practice calls that are also available as a recording for review and convenience (online)
- Online subject areas presented in engaging 15-25 minute presentations (online)
- Practical Motivational Interviewing training with a MINT trainer (onsite intensive)
- Facilitated live practice in coaching skills development (onsite intensive)
- Leadership skills development (onsite intensive)
- Live networking opportunities with coaching colleagues (onsite intensive)
- Keys to implementing health coaching strategies in your practice setting (onsite intensive)
- Additional preparation for successful completion of a Certificate of Competency in Clinical Health Coaching (onsite intensive)
- Training in FLEX Care communications strategies to effectively engage patients, promote health literacy and facilitate team-based care (online and onsite intensive)
Fusion Training Advantages
- Combines flexibility of Clinical Health Coach Training Online with highly rated features and benefits from flagship Clinical Health Coach Training Onsite
- Limits time away from work setting and extensive travel for foundational elements of training
- Provides personal, live access to and interaction with Clinical Health Coach faculty
- Offers live networking opportunities with colleagues
- Delivers two high value training strategies for a competitive price
Clinical Health Coach Fusion Training focuses primarily on the practical application of a wide array of health coaching, communications and care management strategies, which makes it particularly attractive for the entire healthcare team. This includes but is not limited to care managers, care coordinators, patient navigators, physicians, registered nurses, medical assistants, registered dietitians, social workers, pharmacists, physical therapists, and others. Discounted pricing is available for organizations that enroll 3 or more participants.
Curriculum is grounded, where applicable, in evidence or research-based models, practice or process. However, so much of the role of health coaching is still evolving, as are new healthcare models such as Patient-Centered Medical Homes (PCMH) and Accountable Care Organizations (ACO). Thus, innovation, by the very nature of healthcare reform, is an important element of the training.
The Clinical Health Coach Training curriculum design meets the rigor for both continuing medical education credits through the Interstate Postgraduate Medical Association (26.1 AMA PRA Category I Credits) and nursing credits through the California Board of Registered Nursing (31.2). These institutions assure the participant that curriculum meets the learning needs of a clinical audience, is properly referenced, and that information provided is balanced and impartial.
Certificate of Competency
The Clinical Health Coach® Certificate of Competency in Clinical Health Coaching is awarded to participants who receive a passing score on each of three written exams (online) and choose to participate and pass a recorded telephone-based, measurable skills evaluation with a standardized patient. To learn more about the Certificate of Competency please click here.
CHC Fusion Training Schedule
Participants may enroll and begin the Clinical Health Coach online portion of the training curriculum at any time for the IL, 2016 Two-Day Live Intensive. A lead time of 8-12 weeks is recommended to allow for adequate progress in Clinical Health Coach Training Online and to achieve maximum value from the Two-Day Live Intensive.
Upcoming Two-Day Live Intensive
Dates: June 14 & 15, 2016
University of Illinois
Student Center West
828 South Wolcott Avenue
Thompson Room A (2nd floor)
Chicago‚ Illinois 60612
Parking: For all events taking place in Student Center West‚ parking is available in the Wood Street Parking Structure (1100 South Wood Street). Upon entry‚ guests should take a ticket and upon exit‚ guests should present this ticket to the cashier and pay the appropriate total (cash‚ debit cards‚ and credit cards are accepted at this lot); variable rate lot, expect $13 for more than 4 hours parking.
Public Transportation: UIC is easily reached by public transportation. The CTA provides many lines that connect and get you to the many destinations in the city.
Metra Stations are a short walk or cab ride from campus. These trains come in from the suburbs.
For detailed directions using CTA‚ Metra‚ or Pace‚ please visit the RTA Chicago website
Light refreshments provided, lunch on your own
Optional: Q&A with the Clinical Faculty 5:00 p.m.
June 15, 2016: 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.– 4:00 p.m.
Light refreshments provided, lunch on your own
Registration and Fees*
Registration will remain open until the class is filled. Upon completion of the registration process (including full payment), registrants will have immediate access to the Clinical Health Coach Training Online learning portal.
*Clinical Health Coach reserves the right to postpone the training due to insufficient enrollment, in which case pre-registered participants will be notified and provided opportunities to transfer to the next available 2 Day Live Intensive.
$1,260 per person when three or more register through the same organization. All three individuals must registered together.
*Registration fees cover access to the CHCTO learning portal for a period of one year, 4 live coaching teleclasses, the Two-Day Live Intensive materials and light refreshments (lunch is on your own), and the performance evaluation towards earning a Certificate of Competency in Clinical Health Coaching.