In conjunction with the Clinical Health Coach Training Program, the Iowa Chronic Care Consortium offers an optional Certificate of Competency in Clinical Health Coaching. The Certificate serves as a performance validation of the skills and knowledge gained through the training.
Organizations commonly use the Certificate for these reasons:
- As evidence that a new health coach/care management staff have achieved completion of a standardized curriculum.
- As a skills based performance standard in workforce training for health coaching/care management staff.
- To authenticate knowledge of quality of care and patient-centered strategies that address improved patient/family engagement.
- To market, to the public, the high value of utilizing trained health coaching staff as an integral part of the organization’s healthcare team.
Individuals commonly seek the Certificate of Competency for these reasons:
- To prepare themselves for positions in the new and more proactive healthcare workforce.
- To increase their relational and clinical effectiveness in working with patients with chronic conditions.
- To build a resume that includes not only training in health coaching, but validation of skills through the performance evaluation.
The Clinical Health Coach Certificate of Competency is awarded to participants who receive a passing score and demonstrate key core competency skills in three areas of health coaching. They are evaluated by:
- Completing all online learning modules and telephonic coaching calls.
- Three written exams (must receive a score of at least 75%)
- A recorded, telephonic-base, measurable skills evaluation with standardized patient.
Successful candidates are typically actively engaged in coaching skills practice both during and after the CHC Training Program ®.
You may begin this learning adventure by registering as an individual by selecting the “Register an Individual” tab below and paying by a personal or organizational credit card.
You may register a group from an organization by scheduling a call using the “Register a Group/Schedule a Call” tab below.