Why Use Health Coaches?
- Coaching improves health outcomes. “Integrative Health Coaching for Patients with Type 2 Diabetes,” Wolever et al, Diabetes Educator, Volume 36, No. 4, July/August 2010.
- Coaching improves physical & mental health status. “Effect of Motivational Interviewing-Based Health Coaching on Employees’ Physical and Mental Health Status,” Journal of Occupational Health Psychology. Butterworth et al, Oregon Health & Science University 2006.
- Patient activation improves self-management. “Do Increases in Patient Activation Result in Improved Self-Management Behaviors?” Hibbard et al, Health Services Research, August 2007.
- Coaching is an effective chronic care intervention. “Motivational Interviewing-Based Health Coaching as a Chronic Care Intervention,” Linden et al, Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice, February 2010.
The Impact of Health Coaches in the Clinical Setting
- The case for clinical health coaching. “Health Coaching for Patients,” Family Practice Management, Bennett et al, September-October 2010.
- Health coaches build practice competence and throughput. “The Teamlet Model of Primary Care,” Bodenheimer et al, Annuals of Family Medicine, September/October 2007.
- Using health coaches in a clinical setting pays financially. “Office-Based Health Coaches: Creating Healthier Communities,” Swieskowski , Mercy Clinics, Group Practice Journal 2008.
ICCC & CHC
- ICCC’s population health success. “Iowa CHF Telemonitoring Demo Shows Good Outcomes,” Disease Management News, Volume 13, Number 29, July 2008.
- Population health and health coaching. “Promoting Health, Preventing Disease, and Prompting Population Progress,” Appelgate, The Role of Telehealth in an Evolving Health Care Environment, Institute of Medicine 2012.
- Clinical Health Coach aligns with PCMH accreditation. “The Clinical Health Coach: A Primary Driver of the Patient Centered Medical Home,” Iowa Chronic Care Consortium 2011.
- And please check our blog(on the home page) for current resources and commentary!
You may begin this learning adventure by registering as an individual by selecting the “Register an Individual” tab below and paying by a personal or organizational credit card.
You may register a group from an organization by scheduling a call using the “Register a Group/Schedule a Call” tab below.